NUESTRA SEÑORA DE BELEN CHURCH
It was begun in 1772 by the master Miguel Francia, and blessed in 1828. It features a latin cross plan, with a transept dome. It has a plastered facade, with an atrium with three semicircular arches in front of the main door. To the left is the Bell Tower, which has a square plan. On the right, a dome over a chapel.
Adress:Calle Cor de, Calle de Jesus, 2, 03330 Crevillent, Alicante
SANTISIMA TRINIDAD CHURCH
It is located in Plaza del Poeta Crevillentino Macià Abela, where the old Ermita del Pont of the Santísima Trinidad was located, which was demolished due to the expansion of the town. It is a modern construction that began in 1964. There are several paintings by the artist Barcelona inside, and images of the Christ of Forgiveness and the Good Death and Regina Pacis.
Some mosaics were made on the exterior façade in 2012: the Holy Trinity’s image with Jesus on the front and 4 ceramic paintings representing various saints from the town’s hermitages on the side.
Dirección: Plaza Poeta Maciá Abela, 0 S/N, 03330 Crevillent, Alicante
SAN CAYETANO CHURCH
It is located to the south of the urban area, specifically on Ronda Sur street. He was born in the Parish, at the request of many people from Crevillent, on May 25, 1985. The Parish was in the basement of a building on a provisional basis and, years later, thanks to the architects José Antonio Macià and Enrique Manchón and the collaboration of several people, it was built a parish church in San Cayetano.
Adress: Carrer Ronda Sud, 8, 03330 Crevillent, Alicante
SAN LUIS GONZAGA
The urbanization of the district was carried out following the 1950 project of the architect JA Fernández Del Amo, who designed it with a rationalist approach, typical of the 1950s. In the urban layout of wide streets and palm trees, it was conceived the construction of houses and common buildings. Among them, the church dedicated to San Luis Gonzaga stands out. The Church is a modern building with prismatic shapes, asymmetries and different volumes with whitewashed walls. It is configured on one floor with a single nave and a bell tower. It is made with limestone masonry walls and joist slabs. It occupies an area of 385 m2. On June 21, the feast of its patron San Luis Gonzaga is celebrated. There is a great mass and its corresponding procession that culminates with a fireworks display.
Adress: Calle Iglesia, s/n, 03339 El Realenc, Alicante
SAN FELIPE NERI
San Felipe Neri’s parish is neoclassical in style and features a bell tower that stands out over the surrounding countryside. It was built under the mandate of Cardinal Belluga in 1735. It occupies an area of 570 m2. Due to its historical and patrimonial value, it is framed in the General Plan of Crevillent as a protected monumental and architectural heritage. Given its age, its reopening took place on December 29, 2014. This church has various artistic antiques preserved inside
Adress: Plaza Cardenal Belluga-S.F.N, 1, 03158 Sant Felip Neri, Alicante
This hermitage is located in the Virgen de la Salud neighborhood. It was built in 1950, at the initiative of José Mas Caihuela’s initiative and other residents, with the aim of bringing religious practice to this place away from the historic center and as a prayer to avoid disease in the neighborhood. The hermitage rises in a small square, with masonry walls and a gabled roof of flat tile. The façade is oriented to the south, it is rectangular in shape and has a mixed pediment. A belfry stands out in the upper part. On the iron gate and wooden door, there is a sign: “Hermitage Virgen de la Salud 1950”. The single and rectangular nave plan measures 9.95m. by 6.15m. Two pilasters on each side indicate three sections that are covered with a vault, which arises from an impost formed by rectilinear moldings. There is a very simple work altarpiece, with an ogival hole and Gothic-style molding, where we see Nuestra Señora de la Salud in her dressing room. Its festival is celebrated the first week of September, when the residents of the neighborhood open their streets with festivities to the entire town of Crevillent, who accompany the Virgen de la Salud in procession.
Adress: Calle Taibilla, 1A, 03330 Crevillent, Alicante
ANGEL DE LA GUARDA
The hermitage was built in 1902, located in the Barranquet neighborhood. According to the legend, the name comes from the fact that, in the 18th century, the crevillentinos of the area survived various diseases, including cholera. That was the origin of a festival that was repeated every year, thus causing the construction of the hermitage, under the patronage of Doña Josefa Mas Espinosa, a lady of recognized piety. During the Civil War the banks and the saints were burned, and their structure, despite being intact, had to be restored. It has a single rectangular floor plan, measuring 10.50m. by 5.25m. The openings are semicircular, the presbytery stands on a step and, above, the altarpiece is the niche in which the Holy Angel rests. The hermitage is shared by the S. Ángel de la Guarda and a small polychrome sculpture of María Magdalena dated from the 19th century, which traditionally accompanied the Christ of Victory in the Holy Week processions. Also noteworthy are the image of the Crucified Christ, whose experts have dated from the 17th-18th centuries, and the polychrome wood carving of St.Joseph from the early 20th century. Its construction is based on masonry (a type of manual construction used for high-rise buildings) and a flat roof. It is framed by a gabled front topped by sculptures of angels. The iron belfry, from which a small bell hangs, stands out in the highest part. On the front of the façade, facing south, you can see a portico with a low wall. Above the paneled door, there is a semicircular arch with stained glass that gives light to the interior. His festivity, like the Virgen de la Salud, is celebrated at the beginning of September, and year after year, the residents of Barranquet get with their effort and dedication that all Crevillent participate in the acts.
Adress: Calle Ángel, 106 03330 Crevillent (Alicante)
The primitive hermitage of San Isidro was built in the middle of the 18th century, in Canastell. The work was carried out by the farmers of the town as a tribute to their patron. At the end of the 19th century it was in ruins. He got up first in Canastell, as it was considered the area most irrigated by the waters of the castle and the town, and the one preferred by the richest landowners. The current chapel is located on a hill surrounded by pine forests that belongs to the San Antonio de la Florida district, from where you can enjoy privileged views of the town. The first stone was blessed on June 14, 1954 by Don Francisco Mas Mas, priest of Crevillent. The building is built with masonry, the roof is flat and the shape of the front facade is pentagonal, and it is topped by an iron belfry from which the bell hangs. Going through the door, two small altarpieces stand out, one on each side. The dimension of the rectangular plant is 8.16m. x 5.20m. The presbytery stands on one step, presided over by the niche that houses the Saint. There are also two niches protected by glass on both sides of the side walls. The brotherhood of San Isidro Labrador that currently exists gives a religious sense to the festival and, today, the festivities do not end on May 15, because in September it is celebrated the festival of the wife of San Isidro, Santa María de la Head. Religious acts take place in Lent times, when the Stations of the Cross are celebrated and, in Easter times, the Via Lucis.
Adress: Partida Sant Antoni Florida, 336A, 03330, Alicante
SAN PASCUAL BAILON
San Pascual Bailón (May 16, 1540 – May 17, 1592) owes its name to the date on which he was born, Pentecost Easter, and to the possibility that his surname or nickname comes from the enthusiasm and joy he manifested, even reaching dance, while praying with his parishioners. He was born in a small town in Zaragoza, lived in Monforte del Cid and died in Villarreal (Castellón). Self-taught, he asked to join the Franciscan order when he had the appearance of Jesus Christ during the Eucharist in what is now called “Hermitage of the Apparition” of Orito (district of Monforte). Miracles are attributed to him such as the healing of the sick, multiplier of bread for the poor and the gift of prophecy. Its proximity to our lands, awakens the veneration of the Saint, and the construction of the hermitage. It suffered a fire caused by votive candles (given as a promise to the saint) so it had to be fully restored. It is accessed by a paved slope. The building is rectangular, except for the front part excavated at the bottom in a cave, in which the glazed niche that the Saint presides over is located. The façade is pentagonal and is surrounded by a small square. On the left, a staircase gives access to the roof, where an altar has been installed for the Eucharistic celebrations in which a large number of believers participate. Crevillentine devotees and neighbors accompany the Saint in procession the week of May 17, while they are dancing through the streets of Crevillent from Molí del Llebrés to the Church of Our Lady of Belén. In May 2015, he took to the streets with a new Throne.
Adress: Partida del Canastell, s/n 03330 Crevillent (Alicante)
It is a mid-18th century neoclassical construction, which was restored for the last time in July 2012. We can find it on the street of the same name, in the heart of the town. It is built with masonry walls (a type of manual construction used for high-rise buildings) and its roof is made of Arabic tile (a half-log, conical shape normally used on sloping roofs). The gabled steeple rises on the left side of the roof, and the bell hangs from the lintel arch span. Above the paneled door, the elliptical oculus with stained glass gives light to the interior of the nave. The plant is rectangular and measures 14.35m. by 4.77m. Its vaulted roof with a lowered half point is supported by pilasters with Corinthian-style capitals. Inside the nave there are shallow chapels adorned with altarpieces and niches. The space surrounding the main altar (presbytery) is narrower than the nave and is framed by pilasters. The central altarpiece is made of smooth boards and contains the niche that houses the small, baroque and Salzillo-style Image of the Immaculate Conception. On December 8, it leaves in procession through the center of the town from the Iglesia Nuestra Señora de Belén, where it is usually found. Inside we find the image of the Virgen de la Aurora, the work of Francisco Cuesta. Since 1609 there have been “Los Auroros” who created the Brotherhood that bears the same name. There has been a tradition of singing and praying the Rosary quite regularly since then. There is a small museum that has Lanterns with more than 300 years of history in the basements of the building.
SAN ANTONIO DE LA FLORIDA
It was built in 1940. During the 1936 war, a crevillentino promised San Antonio de Padua that if he returned home safely, he would give up part of his land to build him a hermitage, and he did so. It is in the area of Florida, which is why it acquired the name of the hermitage of San Antonio of the same name. In 1980 the hermitage was very dilapidated, and except for a group of faithful, nobody cared about its condition. One day in June, his “thirteen Tuesdays” devotion was ending in the hermitage when a storm broke out and affected the building. That was decisive in deciding its complete remodeling. The building is exempt and, like hermitages of the time, it is built in masonry with a gabled roof and covered with a flat tile. It is oriented at noon, its plant is rectangular and it is restrained. The paneled wood door is framed by a semicircular arch. Inside, a front niche houses the image of San Antonio de la Florida, a gift from a devotee. The festival is celebrated on June 13, coinciding with the day of his death. The religious Novenas are practiced from the 4th to the 12th of the same month. The transfer of the Saint from the Hermitage to the Church of the Holy Trinity and his return to the same Hermitage takes place in a procession accompanied by his faithful. During the journey, a Crevillentina family is in charge of distributing Blessed Bread to the devout. San Antonio unveils a banner; the former is 75 years old and will be kept in the hermitage as a historical element of great sentimental value.
Adress: Calle San Antonio de la Florida,03339 Crevillente, Alicante
The believed date of construction is 1672 or 1673, being the promoter of it the Duchess of Arcos, wife of the Duke of Maqueda, Lord of Crevillent. Apparently, after a very serious illness, he moved to Rome to fulfill a promise. It so happened that, during his stay, the Supreme Pontiff Clement X included Blessed Cayetano in the Catalog of Saints. That fact inspired the Duchess to acquire the image of San Cayetano there in Rome and place it in the pasture of Picacho. It should be noted that this same sculpture is the one that currently appears among the crevillentinos. It was reopened in 2009, together with old ruins and a cistern from the time, after rebuilding it several years later due to its deteriorated condition. The new hermitage is located at the foot of the El Picatxo peak of the San Cayetano mountain park, with 817m. of altitude and surrounded by the steep elevations of Santjuri and Mediana, of 809m. and 639m. altitude respectively.
SAN SEBASTIAN BRIDGE
Its origin is from the middle of the 18th century. In 1840 it was demolished due to the bad conditions it was in. After several repairs, it was demolished for the second time until the one we know today was inaugurated on September 5, 2006. Since its inception, it has witnessed Holy Week and the Moors and Christians festivities. Today it continues to be a benchmark enclave in the town and is a witness to the first Embrace of Good Friday in La Morquera during Easter. The bridge of San Sebastián is also known as the Puente de la Morquera, as it rests on the building where, during the 18th and 19th centuries, olives were ground for the manufacture of oil for their mill. The rest that remained after grinding it, that is, the paste that was formed was called morca, and that’s where the popular name of the bridge comes from.
JORGE JUAN BRIDGE
In 1891, the City Council revealed the need to build a second bridge that would link the caves of La Rambla and the Trinidad district with Carrer del Carmen and the district of San José. The existence of a single bridge forced many workers and merchants to make a detour of about two kilometers. The work was auctioned and awarded to José Asensi Pastor (from Novelda) in October 1892. At that time it crossed an extensive orchard of palm trees (Huerto de los Datileros) and in its vicinity was the second public laundry (today Municipal Library), cave houses along its riverbank, local industries, such as Villa Concha or Fàbrica de les calces (today CEIP Escoles Noves) and the parish of the Santísima Trinidad.
Currently, the bridge connects the population from East to West from the current Escoles Noves Public School with the Santísima Trinidad neighborhood or Del Pont neighborhood.
Squares and walks
A place of green areas and enjoyment for children and adults. This walk is in a staggered way crossing Avenida de Madrid and San Vicente Ferrer. Its construction began in 1950 and, on the occasion of the twinning with Fontenay-le-Comte in 1968, it was renamed as Paseo Fontenay.
It is located to the west of the urban area. It is the oldest promenade in the town (probably from the 18th century) and from its origin and it has been linked to the celebration of Holy Week, being used as a meeting place, arrival and departure of processions. This promenade was remodeled in 1999, when it was created a play area of 7,000 m. where a transverse porticoed temple stands out.
One of the most historic squares in the town. Initially it was called Plaza de Alfonso XII. It was inaugurated in 1828, the same year of the inauguration as the Nuestra Señora de Belén Parish. Also known as Plaza del Paseo, it is one of the most characteristic features of the town. In the 60s it underwent a first remodeling and was redesigned in 1998. It has an area of 1,200m2. Its lampposts stand out at two different levels of light. Today this square is part of the center of the town, a meeting point and setting for different celebrations and local events.
Located in front of the Town Hall and inaugurated in September 2003, this square offers a space open to the City Council for the realization of different acts and events, and a new green space with palm trees, olive trees and planters. In it, the bronze sculpture “Xiquet Menao”, by the sculptor Miguel Ruiz, stands out, with its corresponding menar wheel donated by José Luis García “Guchi” and some bronze plaques where the poetry that Anselmo Mas Espinosa dedicated to the “xiquet menaó” appears.
SQUARE OF SPAIN
This square dedicated to this important industry was built in the place of an ancient carpet factory. In this square we have a beautiful sculpture by Miguel Ruiz Guerreo. It is about a young woman on a 12-meter high pedestal with a carpet-shaped capital, a world ball in her left hand and two flags in her right hand, representing the crevillentina carpet industry known throughout the world.
A quiet place with an important meaning. It is named so because the bell tower of the old 17th-century church is preserved. There the birth of the oldest urban part of the town began.
SQUARE OF THE VALENCIAN COMUNITY
It was inaugurated in September 2006. This is an important action within the La Rambla urbanization project. There is an equestrian sculpture of King Jaime II “El Justo” made by the sculptor Miguel Ruiz, in this square.
MUHAMMAD AL-SHAFRA SQUARE
Arabic-style square dedicated to the famous doctor Muhammad Al-Shafra, a doctor from Crevillent of the 14th century. A quiet and very unique corner of this town.
A walk that stretches for 1,330. It serves as a link and access to different areas of Crevillent. With parking areas, pedestrians, playgrounds and leisure, it is an important infrastructure work. It rises at the foot of the Sierra de Crevillent and in front of the well-known peak of Castellar Colorat, famous in Crevillent for its Iberian settlement. This walk was inaugurated in 2007.
One of the charms of the town is getting lost in the oldest neighborhoods of the population.
Two itineraries attest to this. One of them walks through the oldest nucleus of the town, which has preserved the original urban configuration, with a marked Islamic flavor. You have to start from Plaza Doctor Mas Candela to enter Calle San Francisco, its characteristic setbacks give an idea of the successive extensions that have occurred over the centuries, highlighting its width, which does not exceed 2 meters, and its One-story buildings, with facades well equipped with balconies, windows with typical bars and decorated with flowerpots. Calle San Francisco ends at the Plaza de la Iglesia Vieja, the oldest square, where the bell tower of the old 17th century church is preserved, restored as a food market.
Undoubtedly, the most important lung of the town is 29,000 m² and it is located at the entrance as it comes from Elche. It was created in 1976. Its interior hosts the House of the Park – The Archaeological Museum.
PARC OF TELMO VELA
Where we find the Senior Center, it is a small park of 1,900 m², frequented by the older residents of the town.
PARC OF RONDA SUR
It has about 5,800 m². and it was inaugurated in 1991. It corresponds to a current design with a sand pavement and in its center there is a grandstand with a covered stage.
MUSEUM MARIANO BENLLIURE
The only monographic museum dedicated to the Valencian sculptor. Its main characteristic is that it is possible to know the evolution of the work from the initial sketch, through the clay and plaster models, to the finished work. The museum evokes Benlliure’s studio on Abascal street in Madrid, of great dimensions, in which he had works of all formats.
The permanent exhibition has 128 works divided into 8 exhibition spaces, in addition to the documentary archive.
MUSEUM OF THE HOLLY WEEK
The museum Semana Santa de Crevillent is considered as one of the best museums in Spain of its kind. It is located next to the Nuestra Señora de Belén church.
The museum hosts 24 of the 32 Semana Santa de Crevillent’s processional parades, most made by famous valencian artists, standing out Antonio Riudavets and Mariano Benlliure. It can be considered as the museum with more pieces of art per square metre.
The building features 4 exposition floors, with wide central spaces and a surrounding balcony, which offers the visitor the possibility of a chronological tour about the Passion, Death and Entombment of Christ. The crevillentinian Semana Santa has held the recognition of International Tourist Interest since 2011.
A space in which the identity, idiosyncrasy and culture of Crevillent are collected, also known as La Casa del Parque. It was built around 1927 in a “neocasticista” style that was rehabilitated and annexed to a new avant-garde space in 2011 to expand its exhibition area.
JULIO QUESADA MUSEUM
The Julio Quesada Painter Museum, located at the headquarters of Cooperativa Eléctrica San Francisco de Asís, is dedicated to Julio Quesada Guilabert. The museum collects the work of the considered best watercolorist of the 20th century, a wide collection that perfectly shows the technique and spontaneity of the great master of watercolor, countless portraits, traditional scenes and landscapes that reflect an impressive combination of light and color.
Along with the work of Julio Quesada, we can see works by other great Spanish painters of the 20th century, such as Ceferino Olivé, Rafael Requena, Federico Lloveras, Vicente Pastor Calpena, Manolo Lamadrid, José Perezgil, Benjamín Palencia; in addition to the winning works of the Julio Quesada International Painting Prize organized by the Cooperativa Eléctrica San Francisco de Asís.
MUSEUM OF THE “FESTA”
In the heart of the town we feature one of the most attractive and particular corners of the place, a building that hosts the Asociacion de las Fiestas de Moros y Cristianos, declared of International Touristic Interest in the year 2017; a space where it is shown the exhibition of objects and pieces that have been part of festivity’s life from its beginning, in addition to featuring showcases where queen, sultana and captain costumes are exhibited. Here we can also find watercolours of Julio Quesada; the ones that he painted about the festivity and which were part of the billboards for decades.
In Plaza de la Comunidad Valenciana, a quiet place where you can take a pleasant walk, have a snack or eat in one of its restaurants and terraces, is where we find the figure of Jaime II. On the pedestal that supports his statue, you can read some lines of the act of submission of the ra’is of Crevillent Mahomat Abenhudell to Jaime II. On the pedestal is the grandson of Jaime I, also known as “El Justo”, in bronze. The work was made by the recently deceased sculptor Miguel Ruiz.
It is a sculpture made in bronze by Miguel Ruiz. It pays homage to the children who extracted the yarn from esparto or cotton in order to make carpets before automation arrived in the 50s. It was really hard work and always done by children who, in addition, stepped on water while moving the wheel.
Along with the statue, the wooden wheel was donated by José Luis García “Guchi”. There is also a fragment of Anselmo Mas Espinosa’s poem dedicated to the children who worked menando on the plaque.
BUST OF AL SHAFRA
Muhammad As-Safra was a doctor from Crevillent of the 14th century. Since he was a child he learned the secrets of medicinal plants from his father. He worked and studied among Christian students and with a Christian teacher. His services were requested by Sultan Nasr of Granada. In Granada he continued training with Arab teachers. He also reflected his knowledge of so many years in various manuscripts and in his famous treatise “Kitab al Istiqsa.”
HOUSE OF THE BLINDS
The House of the Blinds was built around 1889, when an industrial building was erected, with a neo-Arab main facade carved in stonework. The façade presents a mixture of Arab and Christian elements and was made of ashlar stone. House of the Blinds was a workshop for making wooden and fulling shutters. Already in the 20th century, its facilities functioned as an esparto chopped fulling mill until 1968. Its original location would be in front of the current Día supermarket, Óscar Esplà street.
Currently, we can see part of the façade in the “New Parc”, next to the Municipal Archaeological Museum of Crevillent
MONUMENT MOORS AND CHRISTIANS
Located on Paseo Fontenay, it was sculpted by Miguel Ruiz and refers to the peaceful end of the embassies that characterizes the international Moors and Christians festivals in honor of the patron Saint Francis of Assis. This element pays tribute to the twelve comparsas, the entrances and the history of our lands..
MONUMENT OF SPAIN SQUARE
The monument, located in the center of the square, is made by the sculptor Miguel Ruiz. It is a 10 meter high column topped with a female bronze figure. It is an allegory to our natio
The modern Crevillent is represented by a 37.5 meter high blue glass obelisk, topped by a yellow “pyramidol”. Its colors and glass are a tribute to water and the sun. At the base are reflected the most important milestones that have happened in the town, Holy Week, Moors and Christians and Music on granite plates. It was designed by the recently deceased sculptor Miguel Ruiz Guerrero. It is popularly known as the “Pirulí”.
It was donated by the Pilar Penalva dance group in 2009. It is a ceramic work by the Crevillentino artist Pepe Miralles. It represents a couple of dancers who are performing the most popular dances in the town: El Xafat, La Danceta and la Sandinga
Many centuries ago crosses served to delimit the populations by placing one where the population began and another where it ended.
One of them is preserved in Crevillent, the one located on Avenida de Madrid.
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT & TOURIST INFO
In the heart of the town stands a Neoclassical style building built at the beginning of the 20th century. It consists of a ground floor, where the Banco de Valencia offices were formerly located, and two more floors, used as a private home.
In 2005 it was acquired by the city council. The Local Development Agency was established together with the Municipal Archive. In 2007 the Tourist Office was installed.
The façade, the small balconies, the interior ceramic floors, the niches, the rose windows and the old plaster moldings stand out, as well as a central patio where we find a cistern.
Currently, this building houses the Local Development Agency, the Clara Campoamor Municipal Archive, the Tourist Info, the Environment department and some classrooms of the Employment Workshop.
Adress:Calle Blasco Ibañez, 8, 03330 Crevillent, Alicante
CLARA CAMPOAMOR (ARCHIVE)
New building inaugurated in 2015. It is intended for the conservation and investigation of documentation. Its oldest document is written in Valencian and dates from 1690.
In this building there are remains of the old castle wall (14th century).
Adress: C/ Blasco Ibáñez, 8, 03330 Crevillent, Alicante
It is located in a historic place in our municipality. On the site where the building is located was the old church of Nuestra Señora de Belén, formerly a Muslim mosque.The project for the execution of the first market of the municipality was carried out in the second half of the 19th century. After the last reform, carried out in 1997, the food market began to take on its current appearance
Adress: Carrer València, 5, 03330 Crevillent, Alicante
AUGUSTO MAS FACTORY
Its foundation was in 1823 and it reached more than 1,000 workers. It covered the entire production cycle, from the collection of esparto, reed and pita in their production areas, until the mats, mud cleaners, folders and carpets, among others, were ready for use. Six generations followed in his footsteps and became “Son of Augusto Mas, S.L.”, until the company was finally sold in 1995.
Adress: Calle Virgen del Carmen, 20-22, 03330 Crevillente, Alicante
It is located in the place where the old Public Laundry was located. It was built in 1886. There was a canal for watering holes inside, and its water came from the Old Fountain that rises at the foot of the hill “El Castellar”, which gives its name to the Rambla. The Lavadero was rehabilitated in 1926 and, finally, it became the Library in 1987.
Adress: Calle Verge del Carme, 38, 03330 Crevillent, Alicante
CULTURE HOUSE “JOSÉ CANDELA LLEDÓ”
Inaugurated in September 1997. Designed by the Municipal architect, Alfredo Aguilera. The design of the building is intended to symbolize the “Universalization of Culture.” It has an assembly hall, an outdoor auditorium with a stage and bleachers, a conference room, exhibition areas, a study room and a library
Adress: Calle Llavador, 9, 03330 Crevillent, Alicante
OLD LAUNDRY BUILDING
It was built in 1929 as a local laundry. After that it was used as a school, known as “Escoles Noves”. Later it was reformed and fitted out to be premises of the Local Police. It is currently part of the town hall offices.
Adress: Carrer Llavador, 6, 03330 Crevillent, Alacant
The Town Hall was built in 1901 as a private house in a Catalan modernist style. It was acquired by the city council and different municipal offices, the court and a small jail or dungeon were located inside it.
From the middle of the 20th century until today, it has undergone numerous reforms and extensions, although it remains the most important civil building in Crevillent, not only because it is the seat of the municipal government, but also because of the beauty of its facade and internal staircase.
Adress: Carrer Major, 9, 03330 Crevillent, Alicante
YOUTH CENTER JUAN ANTONIO CEBRIAN
It was inaugurated in 2015. It has a modern style with 5 floors plus a roof terrace. It has computer rooms, music, theater, projections and exhibitions rooms, study rooms and leisure rooms inside. Its name honors the Albacete journalist and writer Juan Antonio Cebrián, known for his radio program “La Rosa de los Vientos.”
Adress: Av. de Madrid, 13, 03330 Crevillent, Alicante
– Archivo Municipal de Crevillent (AMCR)
– Folleto Ermitas e iglesias de Crevillent